About the CLT
The program is designed to enable students to participate in a range of activities that require them to make observations, collect, analyse and interpret data and try to form a conclusion. The program is for Year 10 students.
A scenario is included that drives the program however the program is flexible so it can be used in ways that suit you and your classroom.
You may choose to introduce the online “crime scene” at the start of the program or you may leave the crime scene as a culminating activity. The suggested activity sequence is with the online crime scene at the conclusion of the program.
It would be difficult to recreate the crime scene in your own classroom however certain sections could be created with care. The online crime scene was recreated specifically for a WA Police Forensics training program using porcine (pig) blood.
The program is organised into a series of PDF files.
- Background information for the teacher about various aspects of the program has been included.
- Teacher activity information has been provided for each activity with hints and technical notes.
- One PowerPoint presentation has been included for download.
- Computer-based resources include a crime scene. Students use their knowledge gained from the program to decide what statement fits the evidence.
- Student worksheets are divided between a Personal Dossier and a Crime Dossier. Both documents can be printed to form two separate booklets that students work from, or you may choose to print and use only specific activities.
Module information (Adobe PDF documents)
FSB01 Program overview (PDF 144KB)
FSB02 Leveling and curriculum information
Teacher background information (Adobe PDF documents)
FSB03 What is forensic science (PDF 152KB)
FSB04 All about blood (PDF 356KB)
FSB05 Properties of blood (PDF 1.6MB)
FSB06 Blood recipes (PDF 168KB)
Teacher activity information (Adobe PDF documents)
FSB07 Bloodstain analysis experiments (PDF 1.1MB)
Student worksheets (Adobe PDF documents)
FSB08 Student Dossier (PDF 2.1MB)
FSB09 Crime Dossier (PDF 264KB)
Pictures & presentation (MS PowerPoint document)
FSB10 Blood spatter (PowerPoint 9.4MB)
FSB11 Online crime scene
FSB12 Online luminol movie (Quicktime 89MB)